Another legitimate way to earn money is to create a personal blog. Using a personal blog you can promote many things that will make you earn money easily. So let’s talk about making money blogging and what it really means.
Blogging is something that requires a little patience. It may mean writing some posts and have minimum traffic, before you really start to see any money from it. There are exceptions to the rule, sometimes you can make money without a lot of traffic in some circumstances, but you will generally need minimum website traffic to start earning from a blog and that takes a while.
But once you have turned on the machinery, and you start receiving visits, your blog will be a constant and automated source of money!
Here are the primary ways to monetize your blog and start earning:
- Advertising – This is definitely the most old-school way of earning money with a blog. It’s also starting to become the least common way. You can sell advertising spots directly on your site or you can sign up with a company like BidVertiser. Keep in mind that you will not see much money from ads until your website starts receiving visits.
- Affiliates – There are many affiliate networks, such as Tradetracker that allow you to promote other people’s products and services. You simply put a link or a banner on your page and then you get a percentage if someone clicks through and buys the product/service. You’ll want to select products that are specifically within your blog’s category.This is an effective way to earn money once you have the traffic coming to your blog.
- Membership – Many people have created a paid membership area on their blog. This is typically for exclusive content that you can only access in the “member’s area.” If you have a really great idea on what to include, this can be a great idea. You’ll have to create something that can’t easily be accessed around the web.
- Products – You can create your own product, such as an ebook or computer software. You would then use your blog as a promotion tool to get people to buy your product. As long as you create a legitimate product with a whole lot of value, you should be able to get some buyers, but like everything else with a blog, you’ll need the traffic to get the sells.
- Services – You can offer a paid service, such as life coaching, blog coaching, goal setting or financial planning. Just be sure to investigate all the legal implications and make sure you’re not claiming to be a professional if you’re not one. With a service like this, you’re basically using your blog to sell yourself. You’ll need to convince people that you’re worth buying and then be able to back up your claims once they purchase your service.
- Sponsored/paid posts – Many blogs publish sponsored and paid posts. Sponsored posts are basically just posts about a specific brand, product or service. A company will pay you to publish an article about it. It’s similar with other paid posts as well. Your basically selling the spot for the article on your site. If you decide to take this route, you’ll want to build your traffic before you will get many offers.
- Subscription – If you think of something valuable (newsletter, online magazine, etc.) that you can consistently offer on a certain basis (weekly, monthly, etc.), you may want to offer a subscription service. This could be a fee charged each time your product is sent out or on a monthly basis. Either way, this has to be something that your customers can only get by subscribing to your website.
- Videos – This could be an entire section on it’s own. Many people have made money by creating YouTube videos. It’s not easy to get views into the millions, but once you do, you’ll start seeing some cash come in. Many bloggers have completely turned to videos to get their point across by starting a video blog.
If you’re interested in becoming a blogger, start by looking our posts about buy domain name and how to start a blog. It won’t take too long to complete those tasks alone, and it will be worth it. You will practically have an MBA in blogs.